Monday, April 14, 2008

Sword and Sandal

I'm channeling Hercules, Samson, and Goliath right now, which could be why some of my favorite trends this season involve leather, studs, and rivets. There was the short leather bomber mentioned (gasp) weeks and weeks ago, and now here I am to make a case for the Gladiator Sandal. Now, at 5'2", I'm classified as short, and admittedly I'm not sportin' a pair of gams like Nicole Richie (not even the post-pregnancy Richie, whose two legs equal about one of mine). Typically the thought of wearing a shoe or sandal that wraps around the ankle sends a chill of fear up my spine. Why would I willingly wear something that would make my legs look shorter than they already are? My Eastern European lineage has provided me with a set of solid calves - they're not cankles, but then again they're not those petite dainty calves the size of my forearms that I see on some girls walking about the city. But I covet the gladiator! So luckily, while waiting for Spring to arrive these past several weeks, I visited every e-commerce site out there and discovered a number of gladiator styles that will work for many leg lengths, calf shapes, and ankle widths. Here are a few of my fav's, several of which you'll see me in in just a matter of weeks...
Et tu Brute?




No comments: